Jive Turkey

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forums full of cools, no B.K Randy's!

3 posters

Book recomendations?

Leeham
    Leeham

Book recomendations? Empty Book recomendations?

Post by Leeham Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:37 am

Anybody can recomend a good book to read Wink?
    Joe
    Joe

Book recomendations? Empty Re: Book recomendations?

Post by Joe Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:04 pm

Perfume, Patrick Suskind.
    Leeham
    Leeham

Post by Leeham Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:52 am

whats is this book about, joe?
    Also Ive decided to start reading the lord of the rings trilogy AGAIN!!!!!!!!!
    gutfood
    gutfood
    Admin

Post by gutfood Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:18 am

If your up for reading 850 pages of a TOE (Theory of Everything) I would recommend 'My Big Toe' - Thomas Campbell

However, seeing as that is quite a bulky read, I wouldn't suggest reading it if you don't have the time to sit down, read, and really put some thought into it.

So, in terms of novels, I would recomend:
    'Blood Red, Snow White' - Marcus Sedgwick
    Its a novel of the Russian Revolutions, based on a true story.

Beyond the vast plains, deep in the snowy forest, the great bear that is Russia wakes from a long sleep and marches to St Petersburg to claim its birthright.

Its awakening will mark the end for the Romanovs, and herald an era that will change the world. In 1917 the Bolsheviks in the newly renamed Petrograd. Lenin and Trotsky govern palaces where the Tsars once danced till dawn.

Another man played a part in it all. His name was Arthur Ransome, a journalist and writer who left his English home, his wife and daughter, and fell in love with Russia and a Russian woman, Evgenia. This is his story.

At times bleak, at others rich, poignant and tender, Marcus Sedgwick blends fairy tale, spy thriller and love story in a novel that lingers long in the memory.
    Joe
    Joe

Post by Joe Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:34 pm

Leeham wrote:whats is this book about, joe?
    Also Ive decided to start reading the lord of the rings trilogy AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

France in the 1700s STINKS. It smells so unbearably bad.

And there is a baby born, on precisely the most rank place in the entirety of Paris. And he decides, unlike his mother's other children, that he wants to live.

So what does he do? He cries. That cry sends his mother to the noose. He has lived at the cost of someone else.

As he grows up he learns that his sense of smell is more advanced than his other senses, and indeed any one else's sense of smell. His nose, by the time he is 8, knows every single scent in his Orphanage. When he is 15, it knows the entire Parisian collection. He knows every smell that ever existed in France.

But a new one catches his nose: Beauty. A red haired girl. He doesn't care for people, so he kills her.

He then learns how to make perfumes, and to preserve the scent of things, he decides he must preserve the scent of beauty.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:07 am